Right to Emergency Care
The Ability People has been working closely with the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh that is spearheading the revamp of road safety laws in India.
- Earlier in the year 2014, we received orders from the District collector & Commissioner of Police on helping the road accident victims as well as issued instructions to all police stations and hospitals across the district of Visakhapatnam.
- Recently, we received orders from the Director General of Police, Andhra Pradesh to give Safe passage for an ambulance while planning route for VVIP/Rally/Road Show/Religious procession. TAP ensure that the message gets to the last mile. TAP role in lobbying with the Govt. of Andhra Pradesh tirelessly for appropriate action in Andhra Pradesh on the following.
- The Good Samaritan Guidelines must be widely disseminated to all police stations and hospitals across the district to ensure that the message gets to the last mile.
- Awareness building of Good Samaritan Guidelines among general public, especially youth, must also be a part of the process.
- Educating schools and colleges on road safety and first aid care to the road accident victims & CPR.
- Displaying of Good Samaritan Guidelines in all police stations, accident prone zones, Bus station/stands, Railway stations, Schools and College premises and in the schools & colleges buses.
- Including road safety and emergency care in the curriculum as compulsory subjects for all students.
- Involving Road Transport Authority, Traffic Police Department, District Education officers and District Medical & Health Officers in collaboration.