Peer Counseling for Person with SCI.
Patient sustaining an injury to the spinal cord undergoes significant changes in host of behaviors for e.g. the ability to relieve pressure on the skin and ability to ambulate. The disability changes the patient’s need as well as the way to fulfill these needs. But the new behaviors will not occur until the patient has learned them. Effective learning would be not only to acquire those skills but also to use them at appropriate time. A Peer counselor can provide a lot of Psychological support to the patient and can help him/her in coming out of the depression phase and can advise the patients about the coping mechanism from his personal experiences and also of those who have been counseled in the past.
- Psycho Social Counseling
- Sexuality and Spinal Cord Injury
- Vocational Counseling
- Special Employment Exchanges for the Physically Handicapped
- Vocational Rehabilitation Centre
- District Rehabilitation Centre
- Regional Rehabilitation Training Centre ( RRTCs)
- Psycho Social Counselling
- Vocational Counselling